Call us now ! Send us an email Lahser Rd Southfield United States

Back to Top


Frequently Asked Driving School Questions

What is Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL)?
A licensing system designed to teach teens to drive by gradually increasing their driving privileges as they advance through the system.
What is Segment I?
The course consists of a minimum of 24 hours of classroom instruction and a minimum of 6 hours of behind-the-wheel training.
What is Segment II?
The course consists of a minimum of 6 hours of classroom instruction designed to provide teens with defensive driving skills.
How old to you have to be to register for Segment I?
You must be 14 years, 8 months to register.
What is the (Level I License), (Level 2 License) and (Level 3 License)?
The three licensing levels in GDL are: a supervised learner's license (Level 1 License), an intermediate license that limits unsupervised nighttime driving (Level 2 License), and a full-privilege driver license (Level 3 License) issued after a teen driver has successfully completed all previous instructional and driving requirements. Note: Level 1 Learner's License requires a licensed parent/guardian or designated adult age 21 or older to practice with the student.
What makes Alpine Driving School stand apart from other schools?
Alpine has well-maintained, dual-controlled vehicles inspected regularly by our mechanics. The drivers are patient and highly experienced with good driving records. All instructors are certified by the State of Michigan and display their certification for all parents to inspect.
Can we pay with a credit card?
Yes, we accept all major credit cards (VISA, MasterCard and debit cards). We also have a payment plan available and we accept cash and checks.
What do I need to take to the Secretary of State's Office when I get my Level I License?
You must take your parent and bring your original birth certificate, social security card and completion certificate from your driving school instructor. Your parent must show a photo ID and two pieces of Michigan residency, i.e., utility bill and account statement from a bank or financial institution.
How long before I can take Segment II?
Before registering for Segment II, a minimum of 90 days must have passed since you successfully completed Segment I. You will need to have completed 30 hours of driving with an adult with a valid driver's license, two of those hours being nighttime driving.
When can I take my Road Test?
After you have completed your 50 hours and 6 months of driving with an adult, 10 of those hours being nighttime driving, you are then eligible to take the Road Test. Students can contact the Secretary of State's office to get a list of Road Test locations. The Secretary of State no longer gives the Road Test. All tests are completed by private companies and costs may vary.

Contact Information

Alpine Driving School, Inc.

24768 Lahser Road
Suite 300
Southfield, MI 48033

Office: 248-663-2297
Fax: 248-663-9883

Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 3:30-5:15 p.m.


YP Reviews